Content from Contributors
“Content” means text, images, photos, audio, video, location data, and all other forms of data or communication. “Your Content” means Content that you submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the Site, such as ratings, reviews, compliments, invitations, check-ins, messages, and information that you publicly display or displayed in your account profile.
If you post, communicate, or otherwise deliver information to us relating to your experience with or perception of any business, we will consider you to be a Contributor and may post the Content under the following conditions:
- You grant to us an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide license to use the Content, which means that you will not permit anyone but us to use the Content you have posted.
- You grant us permission to monitor, edit, and, if necessary, delete Content you post, for length, clarity, or to make sure it conforms to our Community Guidelines, below.
- You grant us permission on your behalf to enforce Canadian and other intellectual property laws with respect to misuse of the Content you have contributed.
- You acknowledge that you are entirely responsible for the Content you post, which means you have the right to post the information and, for example, you did not copy it from somewhere else.
Reviews and Community Guidelines
It is a condition of your use of the Site that you do not:
- Post, transmit or link to any untrue, abusive, unlawful, threatening, vulgar, libelous, defamatory, obscene, harassing, fraudulent, pornographic, excessively or abusively profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from posting a review.
- Make any posting anonymously or under any false or misleading user name or other identifier.
- Post any reviews through a proxy connection in an attempt to obscure or anonymize your origin.
- Post any reviews about experiences that date back further than 12 months.
- Post reviews that do not relate to a business experience.
- Post a duplicate or similar review based on the same experience, including that of another user.
- Post any reviews collected or composed by third-party companies on behalf of a business.
- Post, transmit or link to any information, software or other material which contains a virus, corrupted file, worm, Trojan Horse or other contaminating or destructive code or feature that may damage or impair the operation of someone else’s data, computer or systems.
- Post, transmit, link to or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or which contains advertising or other forms of solicitation, including without limitation chain letters, pyramid schemes or anything else that is not relevant to the purposes of OPIO App.
- Post or transmit any material that you do not have authority to post or transmit, whether under applicable law or otherwise, including without limitation any information which is or contains any intellectual property of another. OPIO App will follow the procedures required under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act if it believes in good faith that copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and submitted to the Site.
By using the Site, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold OPIO App, and its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers and employees, harmless from and against any losses, actions, claims, proceedings, suits, judgments, settlements or liabilities arising out of your use of the Site, your violation of these terms and conditions, your violation of any rights of another or out of any review or information you may post or submit.
You are not entitled to any compensation in connection with Your Content.
We reserve the right to modify, update, or discontinue the Site at our sole discretion, at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice or liability. We may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms by email, regular mail or communications through the Site. Nothing herein is intended, nor will be deemed, to confer rights or remedies upon any third party. The Terms contain the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site, and supersede any prior agreement between you and us on such subject matter. The parties acknowledge that no reliance is placed on any representation made but not expressly contained in these Terms. Any failure on OPIO App’s part to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of the Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, then only that provision shall be modified to reflect the parties’ intention or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The Terms, and any rights or obligations hereunder, are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with OPIO App’s prior written consent, but may be assigned or transferred by us without restriction. Any attempted assignment by you shall violate these Terms and be void. The section titles in the Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
If you have any questions regarding the use of the Site, please contact us at [email protected].